Halifax Board of Selectmen
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Great Hall, Halifax Town Hall
499 Plymouth Street
The Halifax Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 7:15pm in the Great Hall of the Halifax Town Hall, 499 Plymouth Street on whether a heavy commercial vehicle/truck exclusion should be established for Walnut Street and Pine Street in Halifax. If this exclusion is approved, the alternate route for heavy commercial vehicles will be from the East Bridgewater/Bridgewater/Halifax Town Line on Route 106/Plymouth Street to the intersection of Route 106/Plymouth
Street and Route 105/Thompson Street and then to the intersection of Route 105/Thompson Street and Walnut Street.
Heavy commercial vehicles are defined as vehicles registered for commercial purposes of two and one-half (2 ) ton capacity or over and designed and used primarily for the transportation of goods, wares or merchandise.
If the exclusion is approved, it will
not apply to:
(1) Emergency vehicles, namely vehicles of the Fire and Police Departments, ambulances, emergency vehicles of Federal, State and Municipal Departments and emergency vehicles of public service corporations when responding to an emergency.
(2) Vehicles for the collection or delivery of goods; wares or merchandise from or to premises on said streets or parts of streets or on connecting streets not otherwise accessible.
(3) Vehicles used in connection with the construction, reconstruction, or repair of said streets, the water supply system, the sewers or drains, or the lines, pipes or conduits of any telephone, telegraph, gas or electric company, therein.
(4) Any motor vehicles equipped with pneumatic tires which with its load, if any, weigh less than five thousand (5,000) pounds and has no trailer attached.
(5) School buses picking up or dropping off students on said streets or parts of streets or on connecting streets not otherwise accessible.
Any interested party is invited to attend and participate in this public hearing or to send comments to the Board of Selectmen, 499 Plymouth Street, Halifax, MA 02338 no later than Tuesday, February 14, 2012 by 7:00pm. If you have any questions about this matter, please contact the Selectmen’s Office at 781-294-1316.